Monday, October 3, 2011

The First Week of School

Hello Foundations Colleagues,
During the first week of school, I had already used some resources from our time together.
First of all, I used one of the teacher created lessons from Carrillo to introduce my class to S.P.E.C. I am really excited to use SPEC this year as a way to get my students writing about history and the lesson created by Jennifer, Cris, and Laura was the perfect way to introduce my kiddos to viewing history through their "SPEC-tacles"
Another thing that I wanted to make sure that I covered during the first week of school was our first "Class Motto". To start the year I chose one of the Power Words from Dr. Denenberg's book. The quote was "I do what I do because I think it is the right thing to do" from Jimmy Carter. I choose this quote because it ties perfectly into our school's "Dolphin Way". The "Dolphin Way" is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Creating a class motto was a great way to introduce the students to an American Hero, who has good character, and has worked to make the world a better place.
I look forward to using more resources from our AHF time as the year moves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment